Friday, October 5, 2007

Podcasters are fair and balanced?

I have been in the corporate professional arena for about 26 years and have been to many wonderful Expos.

I listen to a few professional
podcasts and let me tell you they are great! I love this new media!!!

I have returned from the
New Media Expo and I am re-evaluating the event. My experience was not a good one. The New Media Expo organization has great intentions and I am not blaming them for my terrible experience. They are a great organization and they have a professional business podcast.

Yes, I am an outsider and I am very frustrated with Podcasters that have a nonchalant attitude toward others.


Here is my evaluation; basically several Podcasters that I did meet do not have any self assuredness. I feel that alot of the individuals that attended this Expo are truly an unprofessional group of people. By speaking to several Podcasters and listening to a few keynotes, I could see that they have not worked for any
Fortune 100 corporations.

My analogy is Podcasters do not know what it means to be on a team or belonging to a professional organization. I understand Podcasters are independent or podcasting could be a hobby.

My frustrations are, Podcasters are not balanced, very green, not polished, no class, bad etiquette, poor hygiene, not fair, and they wear cloths that look like it came out of a dirty laundry basket. Oh, I also forgot to mention they also like to talk about themselves or talk about others even if you are in the same room. Podcasters may be a creative group of people, but they do not have self assuredness. Basically, they are amateurs trying to be a professional. Next year, I hope I see more professional podcasters taking over the amateurs.

Wake up Podcasters and stop sleeping behind that microphone of yours; you could make a great impact in this field.....that is if you are able to clean up well.

Podcasters, Do you know where you are? Do you know who you are? I guess you need that
Twitter to remind you where you are at and who you are.

If you are Podcasting for a profession or it is your hobby, remember you are representing your profession or hobby.

Podcasters, Wake up and polish yourself up or snooze you lose.